Five Signs the Church May Now Be Falling Away
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3
The assured sign concerning the coming of Jesus and our gathering together with Him is this “falling away.” It’s been described as a great apostasy of the church resulting in a remnant of faithful ones. Are we seeing signs of this apostasy? Recent real life events seem to show we are there, and it's clear there are five distinct signs that it's happening now.
I’ve provided several links to news articles showing this gradual falling away. Research proves there are people leaving the church. For many in the mainline denominations, the church is leaving the people.
- Barna Group Study Shows Depletion of Church Accountability
- ‘Millennials’ Least Religious Group in American History
- Poll: Religion's Influence Waning in America
- Episcopalian Church Membership Dips Below 2 Million
Probably the first step of the church falling away is a step away from the belief that God’s word is inerrant. In fact, in some instances, only parts with which people agree are respected and the “disagreeable” parts of the Bible are discarded. Some people can’t or just refuse to reconcile their lives with the purity of God’s word, so they toss it and write their own Bible; something that fits more with their chosen lifestyle.
This is nothing new; Satan, in the form of a serpent, cast doubt about the accuracy of God’s Word in his presentation to Eve in Genesis 3:1. He tried to pull the same tactic with Jesus in His temptation in Luke 4:1-13.
- 'Gender bias' in Bible language precipitates a holy row
- "You're Amending The Gospel So That It's Palatable!"
- Carlton Pearson: "I take the scriptures seriously, not literally."
- A NEW BIBLE FOR A NEW AGE
- United Church of Christ Votes to Exclude Male Language When Referring to God
- Burning 'Nasty' Bits of Bible Not Sin, Welsh Priest Says
The church falling into compromise is another step off the cliff. Some churches are scrubbing away everything that offends and turns people off in an effort to become more accepting. Some churches have carried this task to the extent there is no appearance of difference between the church and the world and new age cults.
- Church of England cathedral to host ‘new age’ festival
- Christian Conference to Feature Imam Fiesal, Gay Portland Mayor
- What would Jesus think? Churches now promote Islam
- Another Step Closer To A One World Religion: 50 U.S. Churches To Read From The Quran On Sunday
- New D.C. Episcopal Bishop Seeks to 'Build Up the Liberal Church'
Church leaders yielding to sin and bringing reproach on the gospel fosters apathy and disgust causing many to leave. Satan’s tactic to diminish respect for the church and leadership reaches its zenith when they fall into vile sin.
The concept of “servant” in servant-leadership is abandoned and authority is abused. This is a definite characteristic of Satan’s false leadership. Nothing in it flows with humility or service, but only selfishness and personal gratification, and the more vile the more successful is Satan’s destruction.
- Cleric sexual abuse victims gather at Vatican
- Student Pastor Among 9 Facing Prostitution Charges
- Spanish priest arrested over '21,000 child porn images'
- Facebook-banning NJ pastor acknowledges threesome
- Catholic priest abuse cases rise
- German priest admits to 280 instances of child sex abuse
- Former Irish priest sentenced to 3 years for child porn collection
Then there is the huge move towards sanctioning gay marriage in churches. We find it odd that marriage is in decline where couples are choosing to cohabitate, yet homosexuals want to marry legally and do so in the church. Yep, that is weird and a sure mark of Satan.
The Satanic plot behind the homosexual movement is to mock the Biblical concept of marriage because it represents the relationship of Christ and the church. For more about that read my blog posts They hate marriage and chicken sandwiches, don’t they? and Gay End Times. Homosexual marriage is a mockery but also a perversion of what God created and called good. Satan wins when temples of God’s breath commit perverted acts.
The enemy’s agenda is all too clear; sanction homosexuality in the church to demonstrate his hatred to God.
- Presbyterian leaders approve gay clergy policy
- Fallout Continues from ELCA’s Gay Clergy Decision as Lutheran Churches Leave
- 2 Lesbian Episcopal Clergy Marry on New Year's
- One third of German-speaking theologians call for recognition of same-sex partnerships
- Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in UK's churches
- Church Touts Homosexuality as a Gift, Not a Sin
- Christian music star Jennifer Knapp says she is a lesbian
- Church of England in Bitter Fight Over Allowing Gay Men to Become Bishops
- Local United Methodist Church Conference OKs Same-Sex Unions
- 70 Methodist Clergy Agree to Wed Gay Couples
- California Anglican Bishop Removes Same-Sex Union Ban
- Gay leaders meet with Southern Baptist President
- 200 Methodist clergy in Illinois defy church on same-sex unions
- Ban Against Openly Gay Clergy Officially Lifted in PCUSA
- NY Episcopal Bishop Orders Gay Clergy to Get Married
- Lutheran Split Over Gays and the Bible Shakes Up Multibillion-Dollar Social Service Network
- Church-affiliated college offers gay benefits
- Pastors: Homosexuality not a sin
- Presbyterian Church Ordains First Openly Homosexual Minister
- Bishop: Italy should recognize gay couples
- New 'All Inclusive' Gay Churches in Brazil Being Called an 'Apostasy'
- Episcopal Church Votes to Approve Official Liturgy to Bless Same-Sex Couples
- Episcopalians Call for Repeal of DOMA; Approve Rites for Pet Funerals
- Methodists in Northeast Approve Pro-Gay Resolution
The final falling away that removes the ability for God to bless is the movement towards despising Israel. The Bible is perfectly clear that those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who don’t operate under a curse.
- Methodist Preacher to Sue Church Over Anti-Israel Boycott
- Presbyterian Church Committee Seeks to Show Support for Palestine
- Presbyterian Church (USA) Considers Adopting Anti-Israel Policy
General William Booth, founer of the Salvation Army in the late 19th Century made this statement:
In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers that confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell.
Did General Booth speak prophetically? Sure seems like it.
Even though a lukewarm church bathed in filth of the world is falling away, God will always reserve a remnant. Those who seek Him and His kingdom first will find it and in these last days they will bring Glory to God by being the generation to fulfill His promise of a church without spot or wrinkle that goes about healing the sick, casting out devils, freely receiving and freely giving.
Image from http://www.stockfreeimages.com/
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policycomments powered by Disqus