Prophecy Dude’s Signs to Watch for the Last Days
No one can deny we are in perilous times; Paul warned Timothy of this hundreds of years ago (2 Timothy 3:1). Perilous or difficult times have existed in one form or another throughout history. In fact, most people will readily admit that they themselves are in difficult times even now, but Paul lists some specific behaviors that he identifies as signals of the difficult times that indicate we are approaching the last days. Surely the intent of his list is to demonstrate that the listed behaviors create the difficult times, but I’m sure people would say that the difficult times initiated the behaviors.
The big signs of the end times are centered around Israel and the reformation of Israel from nothing to becoming a nation once again. We need to appreciate the miracle of the rebirth of Israel and the implications this has for prophecy. The most repeated Old Testament prophecy is the prediction that the Jewish people will be re-gathered from the "four corners of the earth" in the end-times (Isaiah 11:10-12) resulting in the re-establishment of the State of Israel (Isaiah 66:7-8) on May 14, 1948. The land would experience a miracle of reclamation (Isaiah 35) and the desert would bloom again (Ezekiel 36:35). Many prophecy scholars before this time explained the re-establishment of Israel not as a physical truth, but a spiritual experience. Those who held out for the physical re-birth were rare.
Dr. John Cumming was a hold out and he wrote in 1864, "How comes it to pass that as a nation they have been dispersed over every land, yet insulated, separated, and alone amid the nations? The predictions of their restoration are in words as definite only not yet fulfilled. As a nation they were cut off and dispersed, and it is as a nation that they shall be gathered and restored”.
Another end-time miracle was the revival of the Hebrew language. Zephaniah 3:9 "For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language that all may call on the name of the Lord." After the dispersal in 70 AD, the Jews began speaking the languages of their new homes, or versions thereof. The Hebrew language was restored and taught, even though it was a dead language that no one spoke, and now it’s the official language of Israel once again.
The re-occupation of Jerusalem in the miraculous 1967 Six-Day War proves the miracle of the restoration of Israel! After almost 2,000 years, the ancient city of Jerusalem was restored to Jewish hands. On that day, they approached the Wailing Wall, the shofar was sounded, and Jews danced before the Lord. I still have the memory of eye-patched Moshe Dayan standing at the Wailing Wall celebrating victory. 2 Chronicles 6:6; 7:16; 33:7 state "I [God] have chosen Jerusalem, that My name may be there…For now I have chosen and sanctified this house [the temple], that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually…In this house and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put My name forever.”
The resurgence of Israeli military strength prophesized in Zechariah 12:6 is further proof. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that Israel has a mighty military force today.
The re-focusing of world politics on Israel, as shown in Zechariah 12:3, proves this miracle even further. Hardly a day goes by without a mention of Israel, the tiny yet powerful country.
These listed prophecies about Israel are the strongest and most significant fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. Even with these great fulfilled prophecies, there are more yet to come. Prophecy Dude has selected some key activities for which to watch as we enter perilous times and the last days.
- Keep a close eye on the European Union (EU). We are solidly convinced this is the authority from which will spring the Antichrist. The EU is formed and is in the process of self-definition. As you follow the news related to its development and growth, you will be impressed with the manner in which it is tending to approach a more authoritarian characteristic. (Is EU President Getting Dictator-like in State of the Union Demands?, Barroso calls for closer economic governance among EU countries, Verhofstadt: 'Commission should lead on economic governance') The far right is strongly rising in several of the EU’s member nations. (Far right makes strides in Swedish election, Far-right parties oppose EU membership for Turkey, The Rise of Europe's Right-Wing Populists) Even the current EU Commission President, Manuel Barroso, has described the EU as an “empire.” (See the video at www.prophecydude.org under the tabs tribulation and then New Roman Empire) For years, the United States has led in attempts to bring peace to the middle east. It’s clear that the EU will actually bring this about, and this year the EU has made a few statements about taking the lead. Definitely keep an eye on that development.
- As the EU continues to gain power, watch for the United States to decline in power. Right now, it certainly looks as if the economy is what will bring the US down. Try as prophecy scholars might, it’s difficult to find the Untied States anywhere as a significant and influencing power in the end days.
- Watch for the nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and 39 to form friendly coalitions. Most of these are Arab and Islamic nations with the unusual involvement of Russia. Russia will be very influential in this war against Israel, and that is another reason the United States has to be absent—the USA will not be there to rescue Israel. The result of the “Ezekiel war’ will be to turn the hearts of the Jews back to God in a glorious way.
- Somewhere along here there will come the building of the third Temple. Once the Antichrist signs a treaty with Israel, there are three and a half years before the desecration takes place by the Antichrist. It seems reasonable to most prophecy scholars that the big carrot for Israel to sign the treaty is to provide the avenue and means for the construction of the Temple. With modern building methods, this can go up pretty quickly. The whole concept of a third Temple is significant for Biblical prophecy. Prophecy Dude watches this carefully and reports it in a compilation of articles at www.prophecydude.org under the tabs Signs and then third Temple.
- With the rise of the empowered EU, look for that single world monetary system. If there is a collapse of the world economy as some have suggested has nearly happened, then look for this one world monetary system to be carefully crafted and implemented. In fact, it’s undoubtedly ready to go, just like the treaty with Israel.
- While all this evil seems to be flourishing, the good news is the Good News will also flourish. Where sin abounds, grace does much more. Look for great revivals sweeping people into Christianity. Many will be compelled to accept Christ as conviction strongly hits them. Look for this especially with the Jews and Muslims.
- The Islamic threat will dissipate. Sorry to disappoint you, but right now, I really believe that it will get worse before this happens, but I do not believe the Antichrist will be Islamic. Two things will cause this dissipation of the Islamic threat—a revival where an unprecedented amount of Muslims will come to know Christ as their personal Savior, and Muslims will be persecuted, and this will come chiefly from the EU. Already, France is backing down on total “tolerance” and Germany states that the concept of multiculturalism won’t work. I believe in the end, Jews and Muslims will come together because of Abraham. The Bible has the pattern set for that already.
- Anti-Semitism will increase as Jews become more hated by the world; this will be especially marked by the EU and eventually the Antichrist. Jesus predicted this Himself. Prophecy Dude is tracking this with some articles on the website under the tabs Signs and then Hated By All Nations.
- Watch what happens physically to Israel, because what happens there will be mirrored spiritually in the church. As sabers rattle against Israel for war, the church will experience a spiritual threat of war with demonic and evil forces. I’m hoping the huge underground hospital being built in northern Israel signifies an increase of miraculous healings performed by the church in a last days quick revival.
Perilous times can mean crazy times for sure. Have you ever seen a time where good was called evil and evil good as it is today? Even whole groups in churches are fearlessly questioning the authority of God. In closing this off, it’s worth reading Paul’s words once again, and as you do so, ask yourself, how close are we to the end?
You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that! (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NLT)