God’s Not a Wife Beater and 16 other Proofs for a Pre-Tribulation Rapture
I’m just going to say it right out front: I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture. To emphasize: I believe that the church will be caught away before the tribulaiton begins.
OK, I know there is enough ambiguity that tosses some support to the other theories. Those of you who hold for the mid-tribulation, post-tribulation, no-tribulation and even no rapture concepts can easily google a ton of other websites that will support your addiction—don’t Tweet me telling me I’m deceived. I’m quite content with what I believe about the rapture—and so are a lot of other people.
People get so worked up about the rapture. Stop it. If we are all born again, saved by the blood of Jesus—it doesn’t matter when or if it occurs because whichever way it goes, we’ll all be in the same boat together—very close together, so let’s love one another now while we can enjoy it early.
Here’s Prophecy Dude’s 16 proofs for a rapture or catching away of the church before the tribulation occurs:
- The churches are only mentioned up to Revelation chapter 4, and are never mentioned again through Revelation 18, nor is it mentioned throughout the description of the tribulation. This indicates the church is gone from the scene; the church is conspicuously absent, until Revelation chapter 19 where the church is pictured as a bride returning to earth with her most awesome husband. The church has been in heaven throughout the tribulation preparing herself for her Groom. This fits beautifully with the traditional Jewish wedding.
- The promise that the loyal and faithful Philadelphia church will not see wrath is a promise to the church. Revelation 3:10.
- In Revelation 4:1, John is told to “come up here.” In this scripture, John is symbolizing the Church being called up before the action of the tribulation takes place.
- Revelation chapters 4-19 show the church in heaven dressed in white engaged in worshiping the Lamb of God while the tribulation is happening on earth.
- Jesus indicates that the rapture is an escape from the things of the tribulation that are to befall the earth in Luke 21:28, 35, and 36. I purposely and unashamedly use the word “escape.” Yes, Prophecy Dude loves the idea of escaping the pain of the tribulation.
- The Bible clearly states that Jesus will rescue His church from the wrath to come. That rescue is the rapture which happens before the wrath of the tribulation. The tribulation is God’s wrath upon wickedness—the church is not wicked, and God’s not a wife-beater nor is He a child abuser. 1Thessalonians 1:9-10; 5:9, and Revelation 3:10 all support the fact that God’s not sending His church through wrath.
- The tribulation comes after the rapture both of which are clearly identified as two separate, sequential events beginning with the rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:9.
- This “day” will not overtake us as a thief and “God did not appoint us to wrath,” 1 Thessalonians 5:3-11
- God won’t begin dealing with the Jews and finishing the last week of Daniel's 70 weeks until the church age is finished. The church age will end with the rapture. Daniel 9:22-27.
- The rapture is the blessed hope for the church, Titus 2:13-15, 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52.
- God reserves wrath for His enemies, not the church. Nahum 1:2 God is jealous, and the Lord avenges; the Lord avenges and is furious. The Lord will take vengeance on His adversaries, and He reserves wrath for His enemies.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 has the words “falling away" which is the Greek word apostasia. The Amplified Bible indicates in a footnote that the possible rendering of the Greek apostasia is "departure of the Church." There is an appointed time for the Antichrist to be revealed; it takes place immediately after the departure of the church. The church, the container of the Holy Spirit, is what is restraining the Antichrist from appearing. The Church is the light of the world that dispels darkness and prevents the Antichrist from stepping forth into his end time role. Now, the translation of Enoch is a symbol of the rapture of the church. Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him; for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. The word "translated" is metatithemi in the Greek and it means to remove, to change, to carry over, to transpose, to transfer, to suffer oneself, to be transferred, to go or pass over, to fall away or desert from one person or thing to another. This shows that “falling away,” in the Greek, can also mean “translated” as in rapture. Think about it.
- We have to count Enoch too. His translation or rapture, which occurs before the judgment of Noah’s flood, is a symbol of the rapture of the church. Raptured before the judgment upon the earth.
- Now this is a no brainer, the Antichrist blasphemes the church in heaven "And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven," Revelation 13:6. He can blaspheme me all he wants while I’m in heaven! The Greek word SKENOO and its root SKENOS refer directly to a human body as a tabernacle. Our "tabernacles" or bodies are in heaven at this time! These dwellers are not angels, but those who were twice-born who will have been raptured before the tribulation.
- The Old Testament witness of the rapture includes Isaiah 57:1, The righteous perishes (meaning take away, pull up in the original), and no man takes it to heart; merciful men are taken away, while no one considers the righteous is taken away from evil (the face of evil). Also, Zephaniah 2:5 Seek the Lord all you meek of the earth, who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility, it may be that you will be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger.
- Noah is a preview of the rapture. Jesus says in Luke 17:26-27 that the days of Noah will show what it will be like. Look at Genesis 7:7, 10, 13. Noah and his family entered the Ark because of the waters of the flood. The rain started the day they entered the Ark. The flood reveals the "flood of deception" the antichrist will unleash on the earth after the church is gone. It was seven days before the full judgment fell which is a type of Armageddon. What’s important here is the fact that Noah and his family were spared the judgment that fell the earth, just as the Church will be spared the final judgment. The scriptures clearly reveal the nature and intent of God and that is no tribulation for His saints!
- We’re slipping in a number 17 here! 1 Corinthians 4:5 clearly indicates that the Judgment Seat of Christ, the judgment for rewards for Christian service, takes place immediately after the rapture. 2 Corinthians 5:10 states the ceremony takes place in heaven at Christ’s throne. This fits best with the pre-tribulation rapture—the other theories struggle with where to place this.
- Lot and his family were ushered out of Sodom and Gomorrah by angels just before destruction fell Genesis 19:15-16. . This is both symbolic of the church’s rapture and it demonstrates the heart and purpose of God to not allow those who are His suffer the tribulation and judgment that is to fall upon the earth. Thanks Erika Grey for supplying this one!
- Daniel is a symbol of the church escaping the Tribulation. Daniel is conspiculously absent in chapter 3. He serves as a model of the Church, who during the End times judgments will have disappeared altogether, while Israel, represented by the the three Hebrews, goes through but is preserved in the tribulaiton. In the midst to the Tribulaiton, Jesus is revelaed to Israel.
- Isaish clealry witnesses that God's people will be hidden away for a while until God's wrath upon the peple of the earth Isaish 26:19-21
It’s beyond me why anyone would want to believe the church will suffer through the tribulation. That would be giving a son or daughter something worse than a stone. He loves us and demonstrated that by giving His only Son for us. However things wrap up for the church, whether pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib—Prophecy Dude believes God’s grace, mercy, and protection will be with His beloved church. The pre-tribulation approach to me best fits the nature of God.
Do you have other proofs for the pre-tribulation rapture? Share them!
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy